STEP 2: PROFILE PICTURE
Potential customers want to know who they’ll be dealing with. A friendly pic of yourself will help to build a connection with customers and help to build trust. Unfortunately, we find that most mechanics don’t like to take pictures of themselves, which is a shame. You’re a handsome bunch! No one expects professional photos, and no one will judge you the same way that you judge yourself!
A profile pic can be used in several ways. Blue Toro’s website, Facebook, other social media, etc. It adds a touch of personality to what would otherwise be a boring site.
Here’s a few examples of what we consider good profile pics:
Most are not professionally taken. Yet they’re friendly, clear and show each mechanic’s personality. A little goes a long way.
How to take a good profile pic:
- Ideally no selfies. Ask a family member to take a pic of you.
- Use a good quality camera or smartphone with a good camera.
- Ensure good light – not too dark, not too much sun.
- Ensure the pic is clear and not blurred.
- Be presentable – ideally take the pic prior to spending the day under a car. Wear your (clean) uniform.