As a mechanic, there are all kinds of perks to starting your own business…
1. You get to set your own hours
2. You can decide which jobs you want to spend your time on
3. You are building wealth through an asset that gains value over time
But above all, the money you make goes straight into your pocket instead of your boss’s, since you are the boss!
Many mechanics shy away from starting their own business because of the cost. It’s true you have more expenses to keep track of as a business owner, and you have more responsibility.
But remember your business is an investment, and it’s going to gain value over time. Blue Toro has helped many mechanics start their own business, setting them up in a good position from day one.
Here’s the Blue Toro Mobile Mechanics solution
• Mobile business: Blue Toro mechanics own mobile businesses, which have fewer expenses than traditional workshops.
• Payment plan: Additionally, most mobile business owners are on a payment plan that allows them to slowly pay off the cost of acquiring their business. This plan has enabled our mechanics to take their career to the next level without having to make a large payment up front.
• Plan for success: As a new business owner you’ll probably have a lot of questions about starting and running a profitable mechanic business. When you start your mobile mechanic business you’ll work with Blue Toro to create a 90-day plan for success. You’ll also get ongoing monthly reviews to keep you on track and ensure you’re hitting your goals.
• Huge pay packet: The entire goal behind this plan is to put you in a position where you’re turning over $240,000 a year within your first two years of business—this works out to an average $120-$140k in gross salary for you as the business owner.
• Realistic budget: In addition to figuring out your income goals, you’ll come up with a realistic budget for your business that accounts for all of your month-to-month expenses. With all of this comprehensive financial planning there shouldn’t be any surprises—you’ll know what to expect from the start.
Want to make more money on your own?
The financial perks to owning your own business are one of the many reasons that mechanics consider striking off on their own.
DID YOU KNOW: The average mechanic in Australia earns $66,000 a year, while the average Australian earns $77,000 a year.
In other words, most skilled mechanics earn the same as an unskilled labourer!
Remember, Blue Toro mobile mechanics are set up to make an average $120-$140k in gross salary in their first couple of years. On top of that, Blue Toro protects its mechanics with an income guarantee. This means you don’t have to worry about security for you or your family—Blue Toro will help you succeed!
Above all, your business is an investment, not an expense. As you find clients, build up your reputation and spend time working on your business, it gains value and becomes an asset that you can pass on.
If you’d like to take the next step toward starting a business, here’s everything you need to know.
About the author
Janelle Gonzalez is the owner of Blue Toro, Australia’s first national mobile mechanic franchise, one of the fastest growing automotive repair businesses in the country. She is an advocate for the hard-working mechanics who want an ethical and profitable way to better support their families. Her mission is to disrupt the automotive repair industry by exposing the rip-offs and returning to old-fashioned service values that car owners want.