STEP 6: UNIFORMS (ADVANCED OPTION)
If you really want to nail it out of the park – try this advanced tip.
Taking it up a notch from the last step, your uniform is one of the most important parts of your appearance. A professional uniform with your logo not only helps you look the part, but it should also help you be super comfortable and confident in all conditions.
We have mechanics who work in freezing conditions, heat waves, on large messy jobs, and then front up to a business meeting. Their uniform must be able to cut it.
The best work uniforms are…
- Clean and simple.
- Darker colours help in messy situations.
- Active sportswear, UV resistant.
- Mechanics belt.
- Black leather shoes for safety.
- Simple logo.
How do I get new uniforms?
- Start with ensuring you have a good logo (see step 1).
- Consider your business colours.
- Consider your working and weather conditions. Will you need hats, beanies, weatherproof jackets? Do you prefer to wear long pants or shorts?
Reach out to a uniform supplier near you. There are plenty around, just Google them. Most will supply in small quantities. You will have to pay a setup fee for your logo (usually about $90). Once this is done though you won’t have to pay again if you use the same supplier. Blue Toro uses Absolute Apparel.
Ready to look sauve? Order a new uniform today!