Since 2006 we've developed a reputation for delivering what Melbourne vehicle owners want - good old fashioned service. Our Melbourne mechanics own their own business, incentivised to build long term loyalty, not the usual industry short term up-sells. That's why we have the most 5-star Google reviews. It's time to join Australia's most trusted and convenient dealership alternative.
Car Servicing Guide
- If it is not changed regularly, parts in your car start to deteriorate and the inevitable result is unnecessary repairs, breakdowns and even a blown engine.
- If your coolant hasn’t been replaced and you go to the snow or other very cold conditions, your engine will freeze over.
- If your brake fluid hasn’t been replaced on time you’ll eventually get water contamination that will rust your internal braking system.
We’re all told to refer to our car’s logbook for the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule. However, most people don’t even look at it… let alone understand it!
To simplify it right down to the “need to know”, we’ve put together an overview of what needs to be serviced and when that will suit most cars:EVERY 10,000KM OR 6 MONTHS (whichever comes first)
- Engine oil – Oil filter *Some new cars under warranty 15,000km/ 12 months
EVERY 40,000KM OR 2 YEARS
- A/C cabin filter – Air filter – Brake fluid – Brakes – Coolant flush – Diff oil
- Spark plugs – Transmission service (manual) – Tyres & wheel alignment
EVERY 60,000-80,000KM OR 3-4 YEARS
- Battery – Fuel filter – Transmission service (auto)
EVERY 80,000-120,000KM OR 4-6 YEARS
- Clutch (manual) – Platinum spark plugs – Timing belt & water pump – Wiper rubbers
EVERY 120,000KM OR 6 YEARS
- Shock absorbers
|PART||WHEN TO REPLACE IT (WHICHEVER COMES FIRST)||$: < $150 $$: $151-600 $$$: > $601|
|Air-conditioning cabin filter||40,000km/ 2 years||$|
|Air filter||40,000km/ 2 years||$|
|Battery||60,000 – 80,000km/ 3-4 years (engine mounted battery) 120,000 – 160,000km/ 6-8 years (boot mounted battery)||$$|
|Brakes (front)||40,000km/ 2 years||$$|
|Brakes (rear)||60,000km/ 3 years||$$|
|Clutch (manual transmission)||80,000km – 120,000km/ 4-6 years||$$$|
|Coolant flush||40,000km/ 2 years||$$|
|Differential oil||40,000km/ 2 years||$$|
|Fuel filter||60,000km/ 3 years||$$|
|Shock absorbers (or struts)||120,000km/ 6 years||$$|
|Spark plugs||40,000km/ 2 years (platinum spark plugs 100,000km/ 5 years)||$$|
|Timing belt and water pumpt||100,000km/ 5 years||$$$|
|Transmission service (auto)||60,000 – 80,000km/ 3-4 years||$$|
|Transmission service (manual)||40,000km/ 2 years||$$|
|Tyres||30,000 – 50,000km/ 5 years max (for well maintained tyres kept at the correct pressure)||$$|
|Wheel alignment||When replacing tyres||$|
|Wiper rubbers||100,000km/ 5 years||$|